Learning Short-takes Catalog 2021 - Flipbook - Page 34
UNDERSTANDING RELATIONSHIP SELLING
Understanding Relationship Selling combines self-study with realistic
Relationship selling is based on the premise that the best source
workplace activities to develop skills in understanding the value of
of new business is through existing customers and referrals from
building relationships with your customers to facilitate repeat business
existing customers. This approach requires a long-term commitment
and achieve referrals. It compares traditional selling techniques with
to providing ongoing customer satisfaction, rather than just a short-
more modern sales processes based on the development of trust,
term focus on making sales. While relationship selling may take longer
rapport and empathy. This Learning Short-take will guide you in
to cultivate, the organization will be rewarded with increased repeat
evaluating your own approach to selling, and help you develop new and
business, new business and referrals from satisfied customers.
innovative strategies to foster key relationships, understand customer
needs, and provide appropriate sales solutions.
Understanding Relationship Selling includes the ‘Relationship Selling’
Job Aid, provided as a free downloadable tool.
• Traditional versus modern approaches to selling
• Evolution of the selling function
• Inside the sales call
• Principles of relationship selling
• Relationship builders and relationship breakers
• Top ten tips for relationship selling
• Define relationship selling.
• Explain the difference between traditional selling and relationship selling.
• State key differences between product-based selling and needs-based
• Explain the importance of trust in relationship selling.
• Explain the principles of relationship selling.
• Describe how to maintain a relationship even when the answer is ‘no’.
34 of 35
Learning Short-Take® Catalog V2.1
© 2021, TPC - The Performance Company Pty Limited. All rights reserved