Editable-Baltimore's Fair Development Plan for Zero Waste - Flipbook - Page 30
3. End subsidies for trash incineration at the state level-- remove trash incineration as a Tier 1
source of renewable energy in the state’s Renewable Portfolio Standard.
4. Adopt Zero Waste bridge strategy calling for expanded collections and increased processing
and transfer capacity. Arrange transfer to landfills and compost facilities outside of Baltimore
(possibly together with Baltimore County), provide free recycling and composting carts to all
residents and expand recycling and composting programs.
5. Fully Fund Zero Waste Plan initiatives.
6. Pass Priority Zero Waste policies.
7. Adopt incentives for waste reduction, reuse, recycling and composting Zero Waste more
economically viable. Disincentivize burning and burying waste by making it more expensive.
Baltimore’s Fair Development Plan for Zero Waste