Editable-Baltimore's Fair Development Plan for Zero Waste - Flipbook - Page 41
4. Create and fund a Tenant’s Right to Counsel program.38
5. Prohibit evictions except for those with “Just Cause.”
6. Coordinate the enforcement of illegal dumping violations equally throughout the city.
Build on current City efforts including the Clean it Up! campaign initiating by Mayor Jack
Young to publicly identify top illegal dumpers in the city and hold them accountable.39
7. Honor the Memorandum of Understanding between Baltimore City, The Fair
Development Roundtable, and Community Development Network to allocate $20 million to
the Affordable Housing Trust Fund annually by 2023.
8. Pass the original “Fund the Trust Act” introduced in March 2018.40 The legislation was
sponsored by the entire Council including current Mayor Jack Young and City Council
President Brandon Scott. This bill would increase transfer and recordation fees for nonowner occupied properties and would generate approximately $20 million annually for the
Affordable Housing Trust Fund.
Baltimore’s Fair Development Plan for Zero Waste