Editable-Baltimore's Fair Development Plan for Zero Waste - Flipbook - Page 54
30. Zero Waste International Alliance. (2018). Zero Waste Hierarchy of Highest and Best Use 7 .0. http://zwia.org/
31. Alex Danovitch. (2019, November 11) Expert testimony to Baltimore City Council Health Committee,
November 20, 2019.
32. Catherine Lucey. (2010, November 11). Abandoned properties have reduced city home values by an average
of $8,000, study finds. The Philadelphia Inquirer. https://www.goldmanprize.org/about/
33. Jessica Anderson. (2010, October 19). Abandoned homes tax Baltimore Fire Department. The Baltimore Sun.
34. McKenna Oxenden, & Jessica Anderson. (2020, January 3). "These are the things that keep people up": Four
fires burn within two mils iin West Baltimore overnight. The Baltimore Sun.
https://www. baltimoresu n. com/maryl and/baltimore-city/bs-md-ci-cr-overnight-fires-20200103-66xcyadad n
bp3djcxel syzkaaa-story. html
35. Lorraine Mirabela. (2019, December 8). Five of 17 fires in Southwest Baltimore over last week ruled arson;
police make two arrests. The Baltimore Sun. https ://www. baltimoresu n. com/news/cri me/bs-md-cr-arsonsouthwest-balti more-2019120 7 -fzkkzqq2pbfijc kf4tpt2ykzt4-story.html
36. Catherine Rentz. (2019, October 14 ). Community Leaders Sound Alarm Over Fires in West Baltimore Vacant
Homes. The Baltimore Sun. https://www. baltimoresu n. com/politics/bs-md-ci-fi res-west-ba ltimore-20191 O
14-lgyduyav7ffvbo6hdespamz vlq-story. htm I
37. Selena Hill. (2018, April 13 ). Baltimore May Sell Homes for $1 to Revive Neglected Neighborhoods. Black
Enterprise. https://www.blackenterprise.com/baltimore-sell-homes-1 /
38. Bruce Cory. (2018, September 12). Can a Right to Counsel Slow Down the "Eviction Machine"? [The New
School Center for New York City Affairs]. Urban Matters. http://www.centernyc.org/can-a-right-to-counsel
39. Tiffany Watson. (2020, February 5). Mayor Young releases list of top 10 residents, businesses cited for
sanitation violations. Fox Baltimore. https://foxbaltimore.com/news/local/mayor-young-releases-list-of-topresidents-businesses-cited-for-illegaI-dumping
40. Maryland Center on Economic Policy. (2018). Revenue Options for Baltimore City's Affordable Housing Trust
Fund. http:/ /www. md economy. org/wp-content/u plead s/2018/04/M DC EP-Housing-Reve nue-Policy-B rief-1.
41. Green Business Certification (2018) TRUE Zero Waste Rating System of the U.S. Green Building Council.
42. UN Environment report (2018) "Banning single-use plastic: lessons and experiences from countries"
43. Material Economics (2018) "The Circular Economy - a Powerful Force for Climate Mitigation"
Baltimore’s Fair Development Plan for Zero Waste