11-10-2021 Holiday Gift Guide - Flipbook - Page 12
Wednesday, November 10, 2021
Toys, Toys, Toys!
Consider toys that retain interest
this holiday season
By Linda L. Esterson, Contributing Writer
ach year, children and retailers alike put together must have toys for the holidays.
But Flora Stelzer, owner of Shenanigans Toy Shop, prefers a “must keep toys” list.
“When adults are selecting gifts for the children in their lives, there are several
things to keep in mind,” Stelzer says. “The gifts should be age appropriate and of good
quality. How long after the holidays will the toy still have its ‘wow’ factor?”
Picture Christmas morning, with toys spread all over the living room. How many of
them will still be of interest in January or March or even June?
Consider toys that last and retain interest when shopping this holiday season, and
realize that this year, most retailers are experiencing supply chain challenges for many
“We are doing our best to fill our store with toys and games that have been proven
popular with children and families,” Stelzer explains. “So far, we are very successful and
anticipate continuing to be.”
The best advice for this year: shop smart and shop early!
SHANANIGANS TOY SHOP
1. Stage Light Electric Toy – With a round base, this
toy moves around with music and is a delight for children
7. Nogginstik – For infants – Baby’s favorite toy with
changing color lights with the slightest touch.
2. Ice Princess – Age 3+ – Elsa from Frozen plays
music and opens her wings.
8. Djeco Topanifarm – 18 Months and up – Stacking/
nesting boxes that become homes for the included cute
3. Mermaid Princess – Ages 3 and Up – Comb her
long beautiful hair.
4. Dinosaur Carrier – Ages 3+ – Plenty of fun toys to
entertain for hours.
5. Stunt Racer – Ages 6 and Up – Every boy stops to
look at the different stunts it performs.
6. Doll stroller – All of the girls like to take their baby
for a stroll.
9. Haba Animal Upon Animal Game – 4 Years and
Up – Stack adorable wooden animals.
10. Mindware Make Your Own Birdhouse Kit – 5
Years and Up – Assemble and paint your own birdhouse.
11. Playmobil Mountain Biker Rescue – 5 Years and
Up – Great pretend play.
12. Ticket to Ride, First Journey game – Age 6 and
Up – Introductory game that’s fun for the whole family.
13. Looney Labs Fluxx card game – Age 8 and Up
– From a College Park, Maryland, company available in
many different themes including, Math, Star Trek, Pirates
14. Airfix Starter Set – 1:32 Aston Martin DBR9 – Age
8 & Up – Model kits of cars, planes and military vehicles
that include everything needed to complete the model.
15. Klutz Maker Lab – DIY Rainbow Catcher – Book
& S.T.E.M. Kit – Age 8 & Up – Make a Prism Rainbow
Catcher that will reflect colored sunlight into a room.
16. PAW Patrol: The Movie Ultimate City Tower
Playset – Ages 3+ – The tallest PAW Patrol tower yet
… brings the pups’ Adventure City headquarters from
the big screen to life.
17. Jurassic World Legacy Collection – Tyrannosaurus
Rex Escape Pack n – Ages 3 Years and Up – Big-screen
action comes alive with the Tyrannosaurus Rex Escape
Pack inspired by the original Jurassic Park film!
18. B. play – Interactive Ice Cream Truck – Ice Cream
Shoppe – Ages 2 Years + – interactive ice cream truck
that features a functional tablet with 30-plus sounds
and phrases, 25 colorful accessories and a whole lot of
Toys continued on page 16.