CUR TravelGuide 02.04.20 - Flipbook - Page 8
15 FACTS ABOUT CURAÇAO
2. Location: Southern part of the Caribbean Sea. Curaçao is
located between the islands of Aruba and Bonaire, 60 km /
40 miles north of Venezuela.
3. Total surface area: 444 sq. km/171 sq. miles, 64 km/ 39.7
miles long and 16 km/ 9.9 miles wide.
4. Capital: Willemstad.
5. Four Languages are widely spoken: Papiamentu, English,
Dutch and Spanish.
6. Curaçao is an autonomous country within the Dutch
Kingdom since October 10, 2010.
7. Major industries include tourism, oil, and offshore banking.
8. Average Temperature of 30ºC / 86ºF year round.
9. Religion: predominantly Roman Catholic (80%) Others:
Jewish, Protestant and Muslim.
10. Currency: The Netherlands-Antillean Guilder, abbreviated
as Nafl. or ANG. Fixed exchange rate of US$1 = 1.80 Nafl.
11. Tap water in Curaçao is of excellent quality and can be drunk
directly from the tap.
12. The main voltage in Curaçao is 110-130 Volt / 50 Hz.
13. Cars drive on the right side of the street in Curaçao. The
traffic rules are almost the same as in the US and Canada.
14. Curaçao is on the Atlantic time zone (GMT -4). The remains
the same throughout the year.
15. A ‘live and let live’ attitude - Curaçao welcomes visitors of
all races, orientations, and religions with a “live and let live”
philosophy. The island has the most hotels and attractions
with IGLTA memberships in the Caribbean.
8 • introduction