FirstBank FTHBPacket FinalNoBleeds - Flipbook - Page 18
BEST PRACTICES FOR CLOSING ON TIME
BEFORE WRITING A CONTRACT
• Get with your Loan Officer to secure your pre-qualification.
• Start Shopping Homeowner’s insurance companies.
• Start gathering documents needed for application.
AT CONTRACT SIGNING
• Have closing attorney listed in contract.
• Sign initial disclosures within 24 hours of contract acceptance.
• Provide your Loan Officer with all requested documents within 48 hours.
TO STAY ON TRACK
• Avoid last minute changes & negotiations.
• Schedule walkthroughs & repairs earlier in the process .
• Coordinate back to back closings carefully.