Habonim Catalog Interactive 2021 V04 070621 - Flipbook - Page 8
Cleaning, Assembling and Packing
Habonim manages different levels of cleaning, assembling and packing lines to meet different
levels of end product and use requirements:
Excessive hydrocarbon films, water, rust or mill scale, shop dirt, filings, chips or loose weld
spatter is removed from the valve parts.
• Accessible surfaces are inspected for cleanliness by the naked eye under bright white light.
• Inaccessible surfaces are inspected and cleaned indirectly by wiping.
• A sticker on the package indicates the cleaning grade of the product.
A meticulous cleaning and assembly procedure eliminate the ignition hazards that can be
caused by the presence of hydrocarbon oil, grease, and metal chips.
Our process of cleaning, assembling and packing refers to international standards in partial
or in full:
• ASTM A380
CGA G 4.1
Habonim uses an environment friendly, alkaline-based degreasing process with controlled
parameters. Valves are assembled in an oil-free restricted area by personnel who are specially
equipped and trained to perform this task. The assembling area, work surfaces, equipment
and tools are specially maintained to ensure cleanliness requirements are met.
• Valves are capped ends and plastic bagged
• A sticker on the plastic bag indicating “oxygen use“
High Purity Service
Habonim offers as an option high purity ball valves for gas and water distribution, as well
as chemical handling processes. Such valves are cleaned in accordance with CGA G4.1:
• Cleaning, drying and packaging under Class 100,000 conditions
• Assembly under Class 10,000 conditions
• No lubricants used
• 100% helium leak tested
• Capped ends and plastic bagged