iM3 Catalogue - Europe - Flipbook - Page 71
iM3 Small Animal Dental Equipment
Unlike other ultrasonic tooth scalers that use a “jack hammer” approach to tooth scaling,
the 42-12 adopts a more gentle technique with its revolutionary rotational tip movement,
and ultrasonic removal of the plaque and calculus.
iM3 42-12 Ultrasonic Scaler
Faster, easier to use, quieter, less tooth damage. In
a class of its own compared to anything else!
42-12 USER UTAH, USA
iM3 42-12 Ferrite Rod and Scaler Tip Insert
For the iM3 42-12 Scaler Tip Insert
Thinline Straight Tip is ideal for felines and small mouths.
Tip Wear Guide
Use the 42-12 Ultrasonic Scaler Tip Wear Guide to check whether your ultrasonic
scaler tip needs to be replaced.
1. Tip wear will significantly reduce scaler performance as it will alter the
2. The ferrite rod must be tight – a loose or broken rod will cause poor or no
3. A correctly functioning tip used on a power setting of three to four lights will
produce a coolant mist around the tip.
with finger on/off control
The 42-12 achieves a highly polished finish on the tooth with less enamel
damage by using an exceptionally high ultrasonic frequency of 42,000 Hz,
coupled with an extremely low amplitude of the titanium scaler tip’s circular
movement of 0.02 mm.
• Power is permanently set at a high 42,000 Hz frequency (cycles) yet is safe
to use in periodontal pockets up to 13 mm deep. No other veterinary ultrasonic
scaler can do this safely because they produce too much heat.
• Lightweight handpiece with finger on/off control right where you need it,
eliminating need for a foot control.
• The rotational tip movement and high ultrasonic frequency create a fine
coolant mist which is adjustable.
• Rapidly removes plaque and calculus from all tooth surfaces, while using a
lighter touch on the enamel than required of other ultrasonic scalers.
• Unit supplied with universal and perio titanium tips and spare ferrite rod.
• Titanium tips last three to four times longer than stainless steel scaler tips.
• Handpiece and tips are autoclavable.
Scalers and Micromotors
The 42-12 rapidly removes heavy calculus deposits from all tooth surfaces
and is safe to use in periodontal pockets up to 13 mm deep.