PPLI MFL Projects in The Classroom and Online - Flipbook - Page 4
8. Languages Connect
The Languages Connect website and social media channels are full of content to inspire and build awareness of the
benets of language learning – for lots of different social, cultural and career reasons.
Our agship event #ThinkLanguages for TY students brings languages out of the classroom and into life in a fun,
colorful and engaging way. In 2019, we held it in the Convention Centre Dublin with a huge selection of fun workshops,
speakers and exhibitors. For a avor of what happened last year, click here
This year is going to be a little different – we want every school to have their own #ThinkLanguages event on 7
December instead. There will still be workshops, speakers, fun, competitions and lots of colour – but this year it be
done locally! More details of how we can help and what you need to do to get involved will be available on our website
languagesconnect.ie and across our social media channels over the coming weeks – so keep your eyes out on
Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for the latest updates!
In the meantime, there are lots of other activities for TYs to get involved in:
• Watch videos of language students, industry experts and Irish people who use their language skills in work every day
– both at home and abroad on languagesconnect.ie and our Youtube channel
• See playlists of videos for each language on the Languages Connect Youtube Channel eg
Why Learn French?
Why Learn Japanese?
Why Learn Spanish?
• Try out our Languages in your life quiz which brings together all aspects of how foreign languages can add to your life
• Look back through our Say ‘yes’ to Languages campaign that ran all summer focussing on a different language each
week including useful vocab, interesting facts about who speaks the language and where, cuisines from those places,
info about third level courses, stories from Irish people living abroad, quizzes and lots more
• Our Languages Connect Course Finder on CareersPortal.ie is a brilliant resource for anyone who wants to see what
courses are available with a major, minor or elective language element. You can search by language, by sector or by
college – the choices are all there to see!
• Our Work Experience Pack is available for any TY students planning on doing a placement this year – this can be used
by TY coordinators or MFL teachers to encourage students to develop their skills while on work experience.
• We have lots of new and interesting videos, posts, quizzes and competitions planned across our social media channels
over the coming months – we would encourage you and your students to follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
and subscribe to our Youtube channel so you don’t miss out