Introduction to Liontrust - Catalog - Page 2
Liontrust is a specialist fund management company that takes pride in having a distinct
culture and approach to managing money.
• The company launched in 1995 and was listed on the London Stock Exchange in 1999.
• We are an independent business with no corporate parent, our head office is on the
Strand in London and we have offices in Edinburgh and Luxembourg.
• We focus only on those areas of investment in which we have particular expertise.
• Our fund managers are independent thinkers and have the courage of their convictions
in making investment decisions.
• Each fund management team applies distinct and rigorous investment processes to
the management of funds and portfolios that ensure the way we manage money is
predictable and repeatable.
• Our fund managers have the freedom to manage their portfolios according to their own
investment processes and market views without being distracted by other day-to-day
aspects of running a fund management company.
• Staying true to their documented investment processes helps to create an in-built risk control
for our fund managers, especially in more challenging environments, by preventing them
from buying stocks for the wrong reasons.
• We aim to treat investors, clients, members, employees, suppliers and other stakeholders
fairly and with respect. We are committed to the Principles of Treating Customers Fairly
(TCF) and they are central to how we conduct business across all our functions.
How a fund manager performs is not just down to the talent of the individual or team but also
to the culture and environment in which they work. Creating the right culture for fund managers
to perform has been a central tenet of Liontrust since the company was launched in 1995.
We have created an environment in which fund managers can focus on running money
and not get distracted by other day-to-day aspects of running a fund management business,
At the heart of the Liontrust culture is the fact that our fund managers are truly active, have the
courage of their convictions when investing and manage funds and portfolios according to
distinct investment processes. There is no house view at Liontrust.
Another aspect of the Liontrust culture is that fund managers invest in funds they run, which
shows a belief in and a commitment to their investment processes and fellow investors.
The United Nations Principles for Responsible Investment (UN PRI) is a global initiative for
international investors to implement the six principles. The objectives are to understand
the implications of sustainability for investors and support signatories to incorporate these
principles into their investment decision making and ownership practices. As a PRI Signatory,
Liontrust Investment Partners LLP commits to completing the PRI Reporting Framework on an
annual basis. For more information about UN PRI and the six principles, please visit unpri.org
2 - Introduction to Liontrust