Santa 21 Jan web - Flipbook - Page 37
Terms of entry
Marlow 2021 Santa’s Fun Run Terms and Condi ons (Terms of Entry)
1. The Marlow Santa’s Fun Run (SFR) is jointly organised by the Rotary Club
of Marlow (comprising the Rotary Club of Marlow, Charity registra on
1023492, The Rotary Club of Marlow Thames, Charity Registra on 1073652
and the Rotary Club of Marlow Bridge). Jointly called ‘The Organisers’. Gi
Aid is collected through the Rotary Club of Marlow HMRC registra on.
BY ENTERING ALL PARTICIPANTS HAVE ACCEPTED THE FOLLOWING TERMS
2. The Organisers make every effort to ensure the SFR is safe for entrants,
organisers, spectators and users of the public highway, and they closely
collaborate with the relevant Local Authori es, Police, Fire and Ambulance
services. For the 2021 event the run comprises two op ons – the
tradi onal run or a “self-managed” run. The en re responsibility for
organising self-managed runs/walks becomes that of individual team
leaders (i.e. the person making the entry applica on).
3. The Organisers accept no liability for any injury, loss or damage to property
arising in any way from the SFR.
4. In the main run the organisers arrange for some road closures between
designated mes. SFR event marshals manage these closures but running in this
event does not confer any special rights on entrants. Entrants must obey the
Highway Code at all mes.Team leaders need to ensure that all adult runners are
aware of their personal responsibility for their own safety - and for that of any
children taking part.
5. All entrants in the main event MUST display the official runner card/number.
The number confirms entry and in the event of emergency enables marshals to
respond effec vely
6. Children below the age of 5 can accompany their parents/guardians
without formal entry or charge. ALL children running on public
highways should be supervised by a responsible adult, and team
leaders should advise adults accordingly. The Organisers reflect this age
advice in the entry pricing, and also in the offer of Santa Suits by age
(available in sizes designed for 5 to 8 years, 9-12 years and adult).
7. No scooters or bikes are permi ed in the event. Dogs may be taken
on a short lead but should par cipate to the rear of the event. Buggies
and push chairs can be use but again should par cipate to the rear of
8. The Organisers have acquired Santa Suit stocks to allow for 3000
par cipants. Child sizes are available, and we have bought stock based
upon the previous numbers entering by age. Consequently, the
Organisers cannot guarantee that every entrant will get the suit they
request. Whilst every effort will be made to meet demand, entrants
should remember that this is a charity event - with all profits going to
mainly local good causes.
9. Runners living outside of the UK will not be supplied with Santa
Suits. This is not prac cal - and we advise overseas entrants to try and
source Santa's Suits locally. However, overseas runners will be posted
an Informa on pack, including Runners Cards, providing that the entry
is made before November 15th.
10. The Organisers reserve the right not to accept an entry or to
withdraw any entrant from the SFR without reason.
11. Entry fees are non-refundable. In the event of a short term
cancella on (eg due to adverse weather condi ons) there would be no
reimbursement of entry fees (no ng that this is primarily an event
designed to raise funds for charity). In the event of cancella on due to
changes in Covid regula ons the organisers would review the posi on
based upon the prevailing circumstances. Postponement is not an
op on – the event requires complex permissions related to road