Santa 21 Jan web - Flipbook - Page 39
Event Covid Precautions
Terms of entry
12. The organisers distribute the proceeds of the event – including the
income from the official fundraising page - to a variety of mainly local
chari es. No volunteer or organiser receives income of any sort, and
proceeds are distributed en rely at the discre on of the organisers. An
official event account is prepared, and the main recipients of funds are
the subject of media press releases
13. Any separate fundraising conducted by individuals or teams should
be through a recognised fund raising pla orm. The organisers take no
responsibility whatsoever for the collec on or distribu on of such funds.
14. Any personal informa on rela ng to entrants in either wri en or
electronic format will not be sold or given to third partners, but the
Organisers reserve the right to use this informa on for promo ng future
local Rotary charity events organised by the Rotary Clubs of Marlow.
Please ck the opt out box on the entry form if you do not wish to be
15. The event receives significant media coverage – both official and
unofficial. The organisers cannot control such coverage – and inevitably
entrants may be photographed, and photographs may appear in
mul ple media publica ons. By entry the organisers therefore assume
that entrants accept that photographs will be taken and may be widely
16. By applying to enter the SFR, applicants and entrants warrant that
they believe they are fit and able to engage in exercise - and they accept
entry is at their own risk.
17. Costumes will be delivered to the depots as specified on the entry
form. For a small fee, delivery can be made to any UK address. The
website carries full details regarding delivery and collec on
It is our collec�ve responsibility to ensure that we minimise the risk
of Covid transmission before, during or a�er the event. To do this
we need to emphasise the following points:
- All entrants should familiarise themselves with the Government
guidelines that apply on December 5th 2021. Whilst the event is
en�rely outdoors there will be instruc�ons in the emails sent out,
on the website and via the PA system regarding safety
requirements. Please listen and react accordingly.
- Most importantly the organisers will ask entrants to spread out at
the start of the event. Your co-opera�on is essen�al – and as this is
a charity event your run �me is of secondary importance. Please do
not press to gain a lead posi�on at the expense of the enjoyment
and safety of others!
- In the event of late changes the organisers will email all lead
entrants with appropriate no�fica�ons
- No entrant (or supporter/volunteer) should a�end if recently
tes�ng posi�ve or if feeling unwell.
- Face masks can of course be worn, but for many will be
imprac�cal in a running event. Clothing must be either washed or
safely disposed of a�er the event