Brochure 2019-21 (V01/01) - Page 27

Are children allowed pens at the tables? (This may apply to adults too!)
We would strongly advise that children are not provided with colouring pens or crayons that
permanently damage table linen and fabrics as all damages arising from this are chargeable.
Tablecloths are charged at £40.00 + VAT each and napkins at £5.00 + VAT each. We would
advise the use of sticker books as an alternative to colouring books to keep children entertained.
Damage caused by adults using pens at the table is also chargeable.
What happens if tableware, linen or equipment gets broken or damaged?
With our package menus you are covered for £25.00 worth of breakages or damages so for most
clients this is sufficient. On rare occasions damages exceed the £25.00 and in this instance we
will endeavour to inform you as soon as possible, either on the day or the following morning, of
any damages that may exceed this figure. Payment for any damaged items will be deducted
from your £250 damages/additional costs prepayment deposit with any remaining balance
repaid to you 21 days after the event. If additional costs and/or damages amount to more than
£250 (plus VAT) then an invoice will be issued for the additional amount and will be payable
within 7 days of the invoice date.
We do not prohibit the use of items that may cause permanent damage, such as children’s
colouring pens, ink stamp pads (finger print trees), permanent pens, coloured table decorations
or unseasoned log slices, however, we recommend against the use of these products.
Do you serve the wine by the glass or leave the bottles on the tables?
We can do either. Most couples prefer for the bottles to be left on the tables for guests to help
themselves to with the waiting staff replenishing the bottles as required. However, some couples
prefer for guests to have their wine served and this is then offered before each course. In either
case, a dedicated wine waiter or waitress will be present throughout the wedding breakfast.
Who directs all the guests?
Usually someone from the bridal party acts as a Master of Ceremonies. This is often the Best
Man or Best Woman but may also possibly be an usher, a relative or a friend. Some couples
employ the services of a professional Master of Ceremonies. Whatever you decide, our Front of
House manager will liaise with the allotted person and help them to keep, as closely as possible,
to the agreed itinerary for the day.
Once the Stable Bar is open in the evening, what happens to the alcohol we have
Nibbles2Nosh serve your drinks up until the final course of your meal. When you vacate the
South Barn for coffee, which will be served in The East Barn or outside, you are welcome to take
your glass and any bottles of uncorked wine with you. Once the Stable Bar has reopened for
the evening we are unable to uncork any more of the alcohol you have provided. The Stable
Bar are happy that there is an interim period after your meal has finished, when they are open,
in which to drink up your uncorked bottles but this is restricted to 1 hour, which usually coincides
with returning to the South Barn for the beginning of the evening’s entertainment. Any leftover
unopened bottles will be stored for you to collect in the morning.
What time do we have to collect our belonging the following morning?
You are required to vacate the cottage by 10am the following morning and would then collect
your other belongings (table decorations, flowers, left over alcohol) straight after this. We would
hope that your belongings have been collected up and packed in cars by 11am.

Powered by

Full screen Click to read
Paperturn flipbook system
Download as PDF
Shopping cart
Full screen
Exit full screen