SH July 20 Newsletter final - Flipbook - Page 16
RESTORATION AND AFTERCARE
OF MINERALS SITES
Stephenson Halliday has substantial experience in working with developers
and local communities in the preparation of suitable sustainable restoration
schemes. We also undertake the annual monitoring of the progressive
restoration undertaken on minerals sites.
We have worked with Tendley Quarries Ltd, based in northwest Cumbria,
for many years in advising them on the restoration of their quarries. This
involves attending annual Restoration Aftercare meetings with the operators
and Cumbria County Council and preparation of Annual Aftercare Reports.
All restoration, landscape maintenance, drainage and additional works are
reviewed and actions for the coming year confirmed.
Stephenson Halliday have regular client and landscape contractor contact. We undertake site visits to monitor
and review the agreed 12-month strategy regarding landscape maintenance and progressive restoration. A
month prior to the scheduled Aftercare Meeting we prepare and circulate the Draft Annual Aftercare Report
to all parties.
The Report provides the following information:
• Annual photography from the same viewpoint locations on site to communicate the establishment and progression of
• The landscape maintenance works undertaken over the last 12 months in accordance with the agreed strategy
including dates and the log of work undertaken;
• The works undertaken to address any landscape problems;
• A comparison between the existing situation and the agreed strategy for further progressive restoration;
• The suggested plan for the following year regarding landscape maintenance and progressive restoration to be
agreed with the Planning Authority at the meeting.
Following the meeting, a final Annual Aftercare Report is prepared to account for the strategy agreed at the
meeting. This is then circulated to all parties including the landscape contractors.