SH Solar Brochure - Flipbook - Page 3
Finding the right site is a fundamental requirement for enabling the right development in the right location.
This principle is certainly true for solar development.
In the ever changing context of planning policy, guidance and appeal case history, early advice on the
feasibility of a project is a vital investment.
Stephenson Halliday provide expert planning, environmental and landscape analysis to source the best sites
for viable developments. Our bespoke approach includes:
• Utilisation of GIS mapping and sieving
• Identification of constraints and opportunities
• Consideration of localised landscape or visual constraints
• Identification of key planning and environmental risks
• Development an effective strategy
• Application of our experience to deliver a successful design solution
As the solar sector builds again, we are being frequently commissioned to undertake detailed site search and
feasibility assessment across the UK. Solar is currently viewed as a more attractive prospect in England than
wind, and we have recently undertaken feasibility assessments for in excess of 500MW.
Contrary to common misconceptions, solar radiation levels in many parts of Scotland and Northern England
are sufficient to enable viable solar development. For example we have recently been working with clients
to understand opportunities and constraints of various potential development sites in the Central Belt of