SH Solar Brochure - Flipbook - Page 6
LANDSCAPE AND VISUAL
Stephenson Halliday specialise in Landscape and Visual Assessment to accompany planning applications,
either as part of an Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) or as a free standing appraisal for non- EIA
developments. As national leaders in the field, we not only comply with the current guidance, but work to
advance best practices.
Our experience is unrivalled, having completed landscape and visual assessments for developments across
all industry sectors, including solar energy developments throughout the UK and Ireland.
Engagement during the early stages of a project allows our chartered landscape architects and in-house
GIS specialists to undertake landscape and visibility analysis and assist clients through the design process.
Potential landscape and visual impacts can be identified early on and landscape mitigation introduced
to reduce effects as far as possible. We are also able to advise on how best to sensitively incorporate
biodiversity net gain to a site and the management required for a successful scheme. This establishes a
strong development proposal on which the landscape and visual impact assessment can be based and
compelling supporting photomontage visualisations and illustrative graphics.
Our solar clients are able to take advantage of the following services:
• Landscape and visual analysis/feasibility
• Landscape design input and mitigation analysis
• Landscape masterplan drawing and LEMP/BMP information production
• Zone of Theoretical Visibility (ZTV) and supporting GIS mapping
• Landscape and Visual Impact Assessment
• Cumulative Landscape and Visual Impact Assessment
Bearing of centre of imported imag
• Industry standard photography and photomontage visualisation production
• Local authority consultation
• Public exhibition graphics and attendance
• Landscape expert witness at public inquiries and hearing