Y10 - Page 4



Welcome from Mrs
Shaw, Head of Year 10
I am incredibly proud to be leading Year 10. Our
outstanding and innovative approach to education is
unique to the region and our reputation for
excellence is rapidly growing. Our ethos is clear. We
combine academic rigour and outstanding teaching
with unparalleled industry opportunities in the fields
of construction, architecture and application of IT in
the built environment. We are raising aspirations and
training the future professional experts required by
a thriving and evolving industry. Passion and
commitment is at the core of our philosophy as we
strive to make a positive difference to the lives of
our students, ensuring that they realise their
potential and are fully-equipped with all the
attributes and employability skills crucial for the
workplace.
The combination of professional skills and
qualifications that we offer gives our students a
competitive edge for entering their chosen field.
Working with industry employers, professional
bodies and stakeholders, and supported by key
partners, we provide a springboard to future
success. Our students leave as confident, capable
individuals ready to move on to higher education or
career opportunities.
Thomas Telford UTC
Pathways
At the Thomas Telford UTC (TTUTC) our curriculum
is different to other schools and traditional types of
learning. Students can choose from one of our
programme pathways in Design, Build or Innovate.
This will team academic subjects with practical
learning.
Years 10 and 11 – a combination of academic and
technical learning. Students will gain up to seven
GCSEs and two technical awards.
Young people who join us at 14 will study GCSEs for
60% of their timetable. For the remaining 40% they’ll
be working with local employers on technical
projects using industry standard equipment within
our Design, Build and Innovate programmes.
Students will also
that encourage
Thomas Telford
include sport and
charity work, art,
and can also
competitions.
Mrs P Shaw
Assistant Principal
take part in enrichment activities
interests beyond the normal
UTC curriculum – this can
outdoor activities, voluntary and
music and creative activities,
include projects and school

Paperturn



Powered by


Full screen Click to read
Paperturn flipbook viewer
Search
Overview
Download as PDF
Print
Shopping cart
Full screen
Exit full screen