2023 Vacation Planner - Flipbook - Page 5
DENALI NATIONAL PARK
• Reservations are possible as early as
December 1 of the year before you wish
There is plenty to do INSIDE Denali National
Park and Preserve. For complete information,
we recommend you visit the park website
www.nps.gov/dena. But here are some
important things to know:
• There is only one road into Denali National
Park (DNP). Private vehicles are permitted to
drive to the Savage River rest area (Mile 15
of the Denali Park Road). Access beyond this
point is restricted to permitted vehicles only.
• There is a front country courtesy shuttle to
access trails and campgrounds as far as the
Savage River rest area.
• Private companies operate tours and lodges
inside the boundaries of Denali National
Park. Visit our website for information
• To book a tour beyond the Savage River rest
area or to reserve a campsite inside DNP,
visit the Park Concessionaire website
• The DNP Visitor Center, sled dog kennels
and many trails are located in the park’s
front country, the area falling within the
first 15 miles.
• Dogs are not allowed on most trails within
the National Park. The only exceptions are
the front country’s Roadside Trail and the
bike path, where they must be on a 6-foot
or shorter leash. Visit our website for local
dog care options.
HEALY Mile 248
McKINLEY PARK VILLAGE
Times listed are for general traffic conditions. Road construction or winter weather could
add additional time. Your accommodation provider should have up to date information.