2023 Vacation Planner - Flipbook - Page 9
Front country trails are
ideal for families with
DENALI NATIONAL PARK,
After mile 15 of the Denali Park Road, you will enter an
area known as ‘the backcountry’. Public access to this
portion of Denali National Park & Preserve is restricted.
To access this part of the park:
• Arrange a tour through the DNP&P concessionarie:
• Take a flight-seeing trip www.discoverdenali.org/play
• Plan a backcountry camping trip www.nps.gov/dena/
• Take a transit bus to explore and hike for the day
• Stay at a private backcountry lodge www.
• Ride your bike! Or rent one locally www.discoverdenali.
For 2023 backcountry access is
limited beyond mile 43, due to
landslide mitigation. This means tours
are shorter than previous years and
backcountry lodges are operating as