Major Projects - Dalton Parks and Recreation Activity Guide 2023 - Manual / Resource - Page 39
M aj or Proj ects
Improvements to our parks and facilities are underway!
Please excuse our construction. We appreciate your patience
as we make these improvements. We can’t wait to show off
the finished product!
• Mill Creek Greenway will include the construction of a paved
walking path to connect Haig Mill Lake Park with Crown Mill. The
vision is to one day connect downtown Dalton to Haig Mill Lake Park
through paved walking paths.
• A complete renovation of the John Davis Recreation Center. The
renovations are to include a detached pool entrance with a lobby
and new locker rooms. The main building’s administrative offices and
meeting spaces will be renovated. A new gym and additional multipurpose
rooms will be included in the project. The construction is planned to begin
in the second quarter of 2023.
• The Dalton Aquatic Center will be a state-of-theart indoor aquatic facility. The building will include
one 50-meter pool, a multipurpose therapeutic
pool, and fun aquatic play elements. Construction
is planned to begin in the second quarter of 2023.
Other Capital Improvements Happening:
• NEW playgrounds at Civitan Park, Dalton Green
Park, and Joan Lewis Park!
• Replacement of existing turf at Ron Nix soccer fields and Lakeshore soccer field.
• Heritage Point Park has a few projects to be completed before the 2023
softball and baseball season. There will be field renovations that include
field grading and new dirt. All ten backstops will be replaced too.
• Lakeshore Park’s track will be repaired and resurfaced during 2023.