Jeffco BondBook Update 2020 FINAL - Flipbook - Page 4
COMMITMENT TO OUR COMMUNITY
We are thrilled with the work happening during this summer and look forward to bringing improvements to all
of our schools throughout our Bond and Capital Improvement Program. The investment made by Jeffco voters
allows us to provide critical capital improvements at all of our schools.
This work takes great collaboration, and we want to recognize district project managers, consultants and
contractors who are so deeply committed to our district and students. With ongoing public health concerns in
2020, we prioritize the safety and health of our employees and partners. Please know we have taken steps to make
our project sites as safe as possible for all who are involved.
BOND BY THE NUMBERS
The 2018 Capital Improvement Program, that includes
the 5B Bond proceeds, allows us to provide our students
and educators safe, high-quality learning environments.
$700- $75 0
Specifically, Jeffco Public Schools will use these funds to:
I MPROVE M E N T
PROG R A M
• Provide equitable teaching, learning and athletic
$ 5 67
MIL L IO N
B O N D PR O G R A M
facilities at our schools.
• Add and expand career/technical education facilities.
pgrade safety and security equipment in
R E PL AC E ME N T
S C H O OLS
S C H O O LS
S C H OO L
YE A R S O F
CO N ST R UCT I O N
• Repair, renovate, equip and reconstruct buildings
to ensure our schools are safe, efficient and accessible
to all students, including those with disabilities.
onstruct, furnish, equip and support needs in
buildings and classrooms at all schools in the
district, including charter schools.
MILL LEVY UPDATE
Since the passage of the 2018 mill levy override, we have made big investments in programs
that serve our students and the people who are so committed to the work of this district.
With 2018 Mill Levy dollars, we:
• Provided our educators and district staff with a 2.67% salary increase.
• Launched our districtwide 1:1 device program in the fall of 2019.
• Expanding access to social-emotional support by hiring additional Social
Emotional Learning Specialists (SELS).
• Grew our Engineering Pathways with the addition of high-quality 3D
printers and access to industry-level software and expanded the
successful Geometry in Construction, Algebra in Manufacturing
Processes and Entrepreneurship and Design programs.
• Expanded full-day preschool opportunities equitably across the
Stay up-to-date on our progress by visiting