Strategic Framework FY19-FY22 - Report - Page 10
Pillar 1: Strategies
Change educator behavior by scaling the use, and increasing
the student impact, of NLP training and resources.
Checkology Virtual Classroom
1. Design an ambitious Checkology marketing plan.
Secure marketing and resource-delivery
partnerships to reach the broadest market
possible of middle school and high school
teachers and librarians.
Conduct marketing to complement partnership
2. Design individual marketing campaigns for limited
numbers of grant-funded licenses in coordination
with funders and targeted districts/areas.
3. Develop an additional market for Checkology
adoption in public library systems. (piloted in
FY19, launched in FY20)
2. Work with a third-party evaluator to design
appropriate assessment methods to accurately
measure each metric.
4. Invest in the continual improvement of the
platform to respond to user feedback, add lessons
and update user interface. (Ongoing)
3. Engage in a rigorous semiannual review of metric
data to inform continuous platform and curriculum
5. Individually or in partnership with other
organizations, add features and products
accessible only with Checkology Premium.
4. Create teacher resources and authentic learning
pathways to encourage active, real-world student
engagement beyond Checkology. (FY20)
1. Measure the primary impact metrics of the
Checkology platform. (See previous page.)
1. Regularly promote the newsletter on social media
and the NLP website.
Will revise The Sift annually based on reader feedback.
2. Repurpose much of the newsletter content
throughout the NLP website and social media.
3. Identify philanthropic underwriter(s) to sustain
the publication while providing resources for its
4. Begin a large-scale marketing campaign to
The News Literacy Project