Strategic Framework FY19-FY22 - Report - Page 13
Pillar 3: Metrics and Strategies
Create and activate a national community of news
METRIC 1: 20,000-member community of news literacy practitioners teaching 3 million
middle school and high school students annually.
METRIC 2: Members in all 50 states.
METRIC 3: 75% of respondents to an annual survey who report that they work regularly to
advance the cause of teaching news literacy.
METRIC 4: 30% of members actively using the online community resources.
(Network creation plan and impact goals to be set by a separate plan once network team leadership is hired in FY20.)
1. Hire network team leadership. (FY20)
2. Design a specific strategic plan to reach metrics. (FY20)
3. Begin outreach to existing members to form the foundation of the network. (FY20)
4. Create a digital communications platform for the network. (FY21)
5. Expand the network to meet plan metrics; develop online community resources, such as
calls to action, connections and opportunities. (FY22)
Strategic Framework FY19-FY20 13