Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries Hunting Regulations 2020-2021 - Flipbook - Page 43
DEER TAGGING INFORMATION (2019-2020)
Prior to hunting deer, all deer hunters, regardless of age
or license status, must obtain deer tags. Tags must be in
possession when hunting deer.
PROCESS FOR TAGGING DEER
1. Immediately upon harvesting a deer, the hunter
must tag the deer with the appropriate carcass tag
before it is moved from the harvest site.
2. The hunter must record the date of kill for the corresponding tag number on the harvest report card
portion of the deer tag license.
3. The hunter must record the date and parish of kill
on the carcass tag.
4. The tag must remain attached to the deer while
kept at camp, or while it is transported to the domicile of the hunter or to a cold storage facility.
Hunters who keep the carcass or meat at camp must
also comply with the resident game possession tag
regulations (see Possession Tags on page 43).
5. Within 72 hours the hunter must validate the harvest. Hunters may validate deer by calling the validation toll free number, 1-844-LACHECK (1-844522-4325) or using the validation website: la-web.
Hunters harvesting deer on DMAP lands should follow
the instructions provided to them by LDWF. When deer
check stations are in operation, hunters on WMAs can
validate deer during mandatory deer check hunts.
DEER TAGGING PROCEDURE FOR
LICENSES PURCHASED VIA
Hunters purchasing licenses online at la-web.
s3licensing.com will be able to print an E-License using
a personal printer for immediate use, email or save the
licenses purchased to an electronic device which is
kept in possession while hunting. Deer tags will need
to be printed and in possession while hunting deer.