The Ethanol Papers - Paperturn manuscript - Flipbook - Page 79
2. To improve the environment (not because of a man-made global
warming fantasy, but because clean air is just a whole lot nicer than
filthy air). And, of course, if we can do all of this at a lower price than
gasoline, then that’s even better.
REQUISITES FOR A GASOLINE ALTERNATIVE FUTURE
1. We need an ample supply of vehicles that can reliably utilize an alternative fuel.
2. We need ample distribution and supply outlets for the alt-fuel(s).
3. We need abundant resources (preferably located on the North American continent) to ensure a continuous supply of the raw material to
produce the alt-fuel.
4. We need available, plentiful, and affordable environment-friendly fuel
solutions to the gasoline predicament (regardless of how or why the
crisis exists and which conspiracy theory you subscribe to).
The potential alternate solutions are:
• Electric (straight plug-in battery or fuel-cell related)
• Hydrogen - internal combustion engine
• Compressed Air
• Compressed Natural Gas (CNG)
The Auto Channel has presented extensive coverage (including tons of video)
of several major alternative fuel and vehicle events, which can help you understand all the issues and all the options that are available. We suggest you start
with the following three links and then simply enter "alt-fuel" or "alt vehicles" in
our search box at the top of any page on TheAutoChannel.com for hundreds of
additional individual stories and videos.
2008 Alternative Fuels and Vehicles Conference in Las Vegas